WICCE - WATER INFRASTRUCTURES CONSTRUCTION COSTS ESTIMATOR
Cookies are small software tags that are stored in the access equipment through the browser and that retain information related to user preferences, excluding from this information your personal data.
Purpose of Cookies
The Cookies used on the website ensure that the data is duly anonymised so that the user cannot be identified.
This Policy shall be, whenever necessary, complemented by the applicable legislation on this matter.
This Policy is not applicable to third-party websites that can be accessed through the content or access links provided on the website. Moreover, this Policy does not regulate the processing of data carried out by third parties when obtaining data through Cookies installed. Such processing operations will be the responsibility of the third parties that collect them.
Types of Cookies
The website uses several categories of Cookies, each category corresponding to different purposes:
- Essential or strictly necessary: Without these Cookies it will not be possible to ensure the basic functionalities of the website and/or offer you access to functions that you expressly request from us. As such, these Cookies cannot be deactivated on our systems. Essential, strictly necessary or technical Cookies help to make the website usable by enabling basic functions, such as navigation on the website, use of the different options or services therein, as well as access to secure areas of the website. You can set your browser to block or alert you to these Cookies, but this may affect the operation of the website.
- Personalisation: Personalisation Cookies allow us to offer you a personalised browsing experience and access to functions that, although not strictly necessary, can enrich your interaction with the website, by storing information that changes the way the website behaves or its features, such as your preferred language or the region in which you are located. In this way your experience is improved and navigation becomes simpler and more personalised. The legal basis for processing your personal data obtained through preference cookies is your consent.
- Marketing: Marketing Cookies are used to track user visits to various websites. The intention is to show relevant and attractive advertisements to the user, and therefore more valuable to third party publishers and advertisers. Marketing Cookies include both tracking and behavioural Cookies. Tracking Cookies are Cookies that track how and when you visit our website. Behavioural Cookies collect information about your browsing habits, in order to offer relevant advertisements and allow you to share pages on social networks. Their acceptance implies the international transfer of data to the United States, a country that does not offer a level of protection equivalent to that of the European Union. The legal basis for the processing of your personal data, obtained through cookies marketing, is your consent.
We present more detailed information regarding the Cookies we use, as well as their functionalities, including the Data Controller for managing them, their type, category, description, duration and access to or sharing of data with third parties.
|Access or sharing with third parties
|Preserves the session state on all pages.
|Expires with the session
|Stores the consent state of the user cookie for this domain.
Origin of Cookies
Each Cookie has a domain name associated with it and can be classified, with regard to its origin, by the following categories:
- Own cookies (first party cookies): Cookies managed and stored by the Data Controller, these are cookies that are sent to the user's equipment, from a device or domain, managed by the publisher itself, which provides the service requested by the user;
- Third party cookies: these are Cookies placed on the user's device from a domain or equipment managed by a third party entity that has its content or technological solution integrated into the website. In these cases the third party entity may process data collected through Cookies and the Data Controller may not have the ability to configure their functioning.
In the table above, you can find more detailed information regarding the own and third-party Cookies we use on our website.
As to duration, cookies can be classified as:
- Session cookies: these will be stored until when or shortly after the session ends or the browser or application used to access the website closes;
- Persistent cookies: stored for longer periods, thus requiring action by the user or the end of their conservation period in order to delete these cookies.
Security, management and blocking of Cookies
To ensure the rights of users and their privacy and data protection, the website provides the possibility for the user to withdraw the consent given when accepting Cookies. To do this, simply access the "Configure Cookies" button.
You can also configure your browser to accept and store Cookies on your device, as well as disable some or all Cookies. Each browser has different settings. Generally, the settings are described in the browser's help menu. It is therefore recommended that you read it. The information indicates how to change your Cookie preferences.
- For Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies;
- For Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-euro/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac;
- For Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en;
- For Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer;
- For Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies;
- For Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-bb8174ba-9d73-dcf2-9b4a-c582b4e640dd;
- For Apple: https://support.apple.com/pt-pt/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
It should be noted, however, that disabling Cookies may affect your navigation on the website, in part or in full, insofar as it may prevent some web services from working correctly. Please also note that the website by default already uses only the minimum amount of cookies for its normal functioning.
This Cookies Policy will be updated from time to time to reflect changes to the website.
We recommend that you check the Cookies Policy periodically so that you can be up to date and well-informed about this or other Policies.
If you have any questions about the management of Cookies on the website, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date of last revision: 3 October 2022